Emerging Mobility Scholars Conference #EMSC2023
Positive Zero Transport Futures and Mobility Network will host the Emerging Mobility Scholars Conference June 22-23, 2023 at the University of Toronto.
We invite graduate students and postdoctoral fellows across Canadian institutions to join us in person at the University of Toronto to exchange ideas and showcase your research relative to mobility and climate change.
The conference theme is:
Cause or Solution? Urban mobility in an era of climate emergency
Due to socioeconomic shifts and the need to achieve deep cuts in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, Canada will experience an unprecedented transformation in urban infrastructures, policy responses, and new technologies.
Nowhere is this truer than in the transportation sector, which is one of Canada’s largest GHG emitters and has historically been relatively impervious to change due to its extreme dependency on fossil fuels.
This transformation in our mobility systems needs not only to mitigate climate change but also enable community benefits in an equitable manner. It is crucial that efforts to decarbonize our urban areas be informed by the co-benefits of GHG reduction.
- Co-benefits of decarbonization
- Land use and transportation planning
- Technological response to climate change
- Equity and environmental justice
- Transportation and health
- Urban resilience planning
- Planning and politics of climate change
- Air pollution in a changing climate
- Climate extremes: Data and modelling
Call for Abstracts
- Abstracts to be 300 words or less.
- All abstracts must be submitted by March 10, 2023.
- Submit your abstract through the submission web portal or this QR code:
- February 9, 2023: Registration opens.
- March 10, 2023: Abstract submission deadline.
- April 10, 2023: Decisions on abstracts.
- June 20-21, 2023: Mobility Network Summer School 2023 "Measure what matters: Urban mobility in an era of climate emergency"
- June 22-23, 2023: Conference.
Register early as space is limited.
Interested in sponsoring this conference? Please see sponsorship details on the Positive Zero website.
- Marianne Hatzopoulou, Director, Positive Zero Transport Futures, University of Toronto
- Eric Miller, Director, Mobility Network, University of Toronto
- Shayamila Gamage, Program Director, Positive Zero Transport Futures Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Toronto
- Junshi Xu, Program Director, Positive Zero Transport Futures Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Toronto
- Judy Farvolden, Managing Director, Mobility Network, University of Toronto
- Pat Doherty, Events & Communications Coordinator, Mobility Network, University of Toronto
- Khadija Butt, Educational Specialist, Mobility Network, University of Toronto
- Marc Saleh, PhD student, University of Toronto
- Shoma Yamanouchi, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Toronto
- Miranda Doris, PhD student, University of Toronto
- Jiaoyang Li, PhD student, University of Toronto
- Cynthia Dion, Research Administrator, McGill University
- Saba Sabet, PhD student, Toronto Metropolitan University
- Kimia Kamal, PhD student, Toronto Metropolitan University
- Elahe Sherafat, PhD student, Toronto Metropolitan University
- Megha Bisht, PhD student, University of Montreal
- Julien Vachon, PhD student, University of Montreal
Faculty Advisory Committee
- Scott Weichenthal, McGill University
- Greg Evans, University of Toronto
- Meghan Winters, Simon Fraser University
- Jeffrey Brook, University of Toronto
- Bilal Farooq, Toronto Metropolitan University
- Shoshanna Saxe, University of Toronto
- Audrey Smargiassi, University of Montreal
- Amir Hakami, Carleton University
- Patrick Hayes, University of Montreal
- Laura Minet, University of Victoria
- Daniel Posen, University of Toronto
Please see the full conference details as available on Positive Zero's website, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.